Thursday, June 18, 2009

moving

Finally finished moving stuff out of my old apartment and cleaning the apartment so that it can be shown and hopefully rented (letting me out of my lease early). The closing of my house, moving and cleaning of apartment have taken up pretty much all of my time for at least three weeks. So I now find myself 17 weeks away from the open studios and I don’t feel like I’ve accomplished much in the last two months. I understand why I haven’t accomplished much, the moving plus three weeks of concentrating on writing, leaves two or three weeks of painting productivity accomplished. But the fact that I know where the time went doesn’t make me any happier that it’s gone.

And really what I should do for the next couple weeks is write, but the weight of everything artwise that is pragmatically possible to do, let alone all that I would like to do is heavy. At the moment it seems like I’ll only be able to finish the paintings that I’ve already started. And while there are several of these that feel promising, I am, as I have previously mentioned, always looking forward.

And my studio is an hour away (by bike and Max) from my house, which makes the studio fairly obsolete or at least inconvenient unless I plan on doing mucho hours on a given day.

All I need to do is paint. Why is that so difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment